Using podcasts @ ILRI
ILRI produces two types of podcasts: - audio files from interviews etc that we publish on podomatic, and publish on through iTunes?? - audio files from our videos on blip.tv that are republished through iTunes??
-Listen to all our audio podcasts at iTunes (??) url? - Listen to our audio only podcasts at Podomatic - View/listen to our videos at blip.tv
1. Creating a podcast for Podomatic Podcast length: Create both a short (1-3 min) and longer (5-8 min) versions if the interview material is interesting and substantive. - use the 1-2 min versions within Top Story - link to longer versions for those of the more substantive audio files.
2. Publishing in Podomatic Login at www.podomatic.com to publish podcasts (mp3 format ideally) ILRI podcasts are located at [] The 'My podcast > Upload' tab enables the upload of a new podcast or editing of a previous post.
- give the file a short explanatory filename before uploading the file.
- ensure you know the date (ideally month and year) of the podcast
- identify the event or meeting where the podcast was recorded and the name of any person interviewed
- Give the podcast an explanatory title
- In the description field enter further information on the podcast.
something about the content of the podcast: the event name, the names of people in the podcast the month and year the podcast was taken.
- Podcast tags: Please refer to tags guidelines.
- Audio files from Blip.tv
These are automatically (?) send through to the ILRI iTunes account from Blip.tv (or is there a setting/action? – if so, which).
- ILRI audio on iTunes
- how does this work? Any settings needed?